1. What to do as your business income disappears as you cannot work?
Your are Self-employed, all your contracts have been cancelled and your Income has disappeared? In our current uncertain times we don’t know how we are going to pay our bills.
As things develop over the next few weeks and help is put in place there may be things we can do.
One you may not have thought of is to apply for a council tax reduction.
If you have recently received your Council Tax bill for 2020-21, this could enable you to get a discount on your bill.
You could be eligible if you’re on a low income or claim benefits. Your bill could be reduced by up to 100%.
You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.
What you get depends on:
- where you live – each council runs its own scheme
- your circumstances (eg income, number of children, benefits, residency status)
- your household income – this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
- if your children live with you
- if other adults live with you
You will need to check with your council if you are elegible for a discount.